3rd Annual Painting and Poetry Juried Competition and Exhibition
Deadline for Submissions: Friday July 29, 2016
Cash prizes total $750
Residency: Artist must be full time Northern Ontario resident. Postal code must begin with the letter “P”
- All paintings must be original and two dimensional.
- Artwork must be dry, framed and wired.
- The painting may have been shown at the gallery or previously entered into a contest or exhibition.
- All mediums are acceptable, but cannot include photographs, ceramics, textiles and sculptures.
- Maximum size no larger than 36” x 48” framed. Please do not put your name on the painting image submitted. After you have received notice your entry has been juried in, do add your name to your painting for the exhibition.
Poetry: Your original poem must be the same title as your painting and represent your interpretation of the painting. It should be typed in black ink on only one page on 8.5 x 11 inch white paper. Poems are not to exceed 30 lines in length, including the title, and spacing. Preferred font is 12 point Times New Roman that will be used to print up your poem for the exhibition.
Selection and Awards: 25 painting/poems will be accepted for the submission/entry stage and awarded by a judge previewing your poetry and artwork sent by mail with an attached high resolution digital image. The two month-long exhibition runs August 30 to Oct. 30 in the Mezzanine Gallery at the Classic Theatre, Cobalt.
Decisions of the painter/poet judge are final. Three weeks after the deadline artists will be informed by phone or email whether their entry has been juried into the competition and eligible for awards.
Winning prizes are: First: $300, Second: $200, and Third $100. There will also be 3 honourable mention prizes of $50 (including a certificate). Ribbons will hang on the winning paintings for the show’s duration.
Submissions: It is preferable and more efficient to use email for the submission stage although you may also use regular postal mail for the entire package, if necessary.
ALL Entry fees MUST be sent by check or money order by postal mail.
- Deadline for Submissions: Submissions by email/postal mail must be received by Friday July 29. Include the following:
- Artwork image in high resolution digital form- jpeg,
- Accompanying poetry on a separate page or attached file.
- Completed Entry Form. Download PDF here.
- Entry Fee by postal mail.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring Pulse Poetry Festival
P.O. Box 247
Cobalt, ON P0J 1C0
Artwork: The artwork image, to be juried, must be in high resolution digital form about 1MB as an attached email file or saved on a CD. We will not accept original artwork for the submission stage. We require a visual image for the judge to match with your submitted word document poem.
Email: Attach High resolution digital form JPEG file. Postal Mail: include CD featuring your JPEG image.
Poem: Email: Attach as Word document or plain text. Postal Mail: Photocopies and letter quality computer printouts are acceptable.
Entry Form: Download PDF here. (PLEASE PRINT) Email: Attach file with copy of completed form. Postal Mail: Include form or copy in mail.
Entry Fee: By postal mail only. A cheque or money order for $30.00 (per one entry maximum) by mail only paid to Spring Pulse Poetry Festival. (See address above)